Click the registration link for the program you want to sign up for. You must register for each program that you wish to attend.
New to Zoom? Click here to see our tips for getting started. Want some one-on-one help? Call us at (865) 546-4661 and we’ll walk you through it!
Weekly Gentle Movement Classes
- Monday Wellness Workout at 12:00pm – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Monday Chair Yoga at 1:00pm – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Wednesday Wellness Workout at 12:00pm – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Wednesday Yoga at 3:00pm – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Friday Tai Chi/Qigong at 12:00pm – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Saturday Yoga at 10:00am – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Newcomers Orientation – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Tuesdays, 5:00 – 6:00pm
- CSCET Program Staff Member (Psychologist or LCSW)
If you or someone you know has been affected by cancer, we invite you to register for a Newcomer Orientation. It will cover our program options as well as give you information about our comprehensive free classes, workshops, and events. Pre-registration required.
Knitting – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Thursday, April 1, 15 & 29, 1:00 – 2:00pm
- Shelley Hecht, Loopville Instructor
New to knitting? Old Pro? Join these “knit-wits” to learn how to knit or bring your own project to work on. Pre-registration required.
Healing Through Art: Pancake Painting – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Thursday, April 8, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Kelly Sullivan, Art Instructor
We’ll work from front to back in this class – start by “painting” with oil pastels on a clear surface and then flip it over to reveal your creation! We’ll use a metallic background to let light radiate from the back of the artwork. Supplies available for no contact pickup at CSCET the week of this class. Pre-registration required.
Managing Cancer-Related Pain – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Thursday, April 8, 6:00 – 7:30pm
- Denise Stillman, PhD & a Covenant Health Physical Therapist
- A Program in the Cancer Support Oak Ridge Series
Cancer or its treatment can cause pain. Our interdisciplinary panel – made up of a physical therapist and psychologist – will help you to understand your pain cycle and then learn practical tools to manage your pain and improve your quality of life. Pre-registration required.
Monthly Prostate Cancer Support Group – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Friday, April 9, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Rob Devereaux, PhD
Connect with others living with prostate cancer in this monthly drop-in group. Call before your first group & talk to a member of our program staff. Pre-registration required.
Lymphedema: What you Need to Know – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Tuesday, April 13, 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Dianne Kerr, PT, CLT-LANA
Emotional distress with cancer is common. Learn the signs of depression & People who have had cancer treatment that includes lymph node removal and/or radiation therapy have an increased risk of developing lymphedema. Lymphedema is swelling in the arm, leg, trunk, head, or neck on the side of the body that received treatment. Come learn how to lower your risk for lymphedema after having treatment for the following cancers: breast, prostate, colon, gynecologic, head and neck, and melanoma. Pre-registration required.
Finding & Writing the Stories of Your Life – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Wednesday, April 21, 1:30 – 3:00pm
- Donna Doyle, Writing Instructor
By looking at the big story of our life, we often miss the little stories that make up a year, a month, a day, or even an hour. These monthly relaxed workshops will help you find the small nuggets of gold shining in the vast stream of your life. No writing experience necessary. Pre-registration required.
Making Healthy Nutrition Choices Easier – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Thursday, April 22, 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Chelsea Johnson, MS, RD, LDN
Want to eat healthier but not sure where to start? Nutritionist Chelsea Johnson will demonstrate food preparation shortcuts and offer tips for making healthy choices easier on you and your bank account! Pre-registration required.
Mindfulness in Everyday Life: Working with Anxiety – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Saturday, April 24, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Ann Pendley, Meditation Instructor
Worrying is completely normal but when your worries run away from you, they can stop you from experiencing & enjoying what’s happening in the moment. A mindfulness practice may be able to help you keep the worries in check. Pre-registration required.
QUARTERLY GROUP: Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered (FORCE) – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Sunday, April 25, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- Erin Campbell, MS, LCGC, Debra Sullivan, PhD, & Alora Terry, MS, LCGC
Do you have a family history of cancer? Are you considering genetic testing, waiting for results, or have you already tested positive for a genetic mutation? You are not alone. Network with others who understand what you are going through. This group is a great opportunity to ask questions of others in a similar situation or just listen to the conversation in a supportive environment. Pre-registration required.
Healthy Recipes from the Chef’s Kitchen – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Wednesday, April 28, 10:30 – 11:30am
- Joseph Blauvelt, Culinary Instructor & Students
Looking for some inspiration in the kitchen? Chef Joseph and his students from the Culinary Arts Program at Pellissippi State Community College offer ways to spice up your cooking using fresh seasonal produce. Watch live demonstrations from the comfort of your own home and add some new recipes to your rotation. Pre-registration required.
Happy Hour with Pets – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Thursday, April 29, 5:00 – 6:00pm
- CSCET Staff and Community
Calling all pets large and small! Introduce your furry (or reptilious) friends and share stories of pets both past and present and how they offer comfort, joy and adventure. Pre-registration required.