A gift of life insurance is a great way to leverage your impact at CSC allowing you to make a sizeable gift for pennies on the dollar.
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT OF LIFE INSURANCE
- You can make a meaningful impact by naming “Cancer Support Community East Tennessee” owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy. If your policy is not fully paid up, you can make an annual gift to CSC to cover the annual premium payment. When the policy matures, the proceeds will be paid to Cancer Support Community East Tennessee to be used in accordance with your designated intentions.
- Rather than transferring ownership of a policy, you may also wish to consider simply designating “Cancer Support Community East Tennessee” beneficiary of all or a percentage of an existing policy. To designate CSC beneficiary, please contact your life insurance provider to request a beneficiary form which will allow you to update your beneficiary information.
BENEFITS OF GIFTS OF LIFE INSURANCE
- May receive a charitable income tax deduction where ownership of policy transferred to Cancer Support Community East Tennessee
- If policy not fully paid up, you may also receive a deduction for annual premium payments if CSC owns the policy
- You can make a meaningful impact with modest premium payments
- Great way to leverage your gift and enhance your legacy impact beyond what you thought possible
Click here to download our Confidential Statement of Intent and return it to us if you have already designated “Cancer Support Community East Tennessee” beneficiary of your life insurance policy. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift while also ensuring that your gift is used in accordance with your wishes once received.
If you are considering transferring ownership of one of your life insurance policies to CSC, please contact us in advance so that we can coordinate with you and your professional advisers to ensure that the policy is one CSC is able to accept.