A charitable bequest is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift to Cancer Support Community East Tennessee.
HOW A BEQUEST WORKS
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to Cancer Support Community East Tennessee as part of your estate plan.
A BEQUEST MAY BE MADE IN SEVERAL WAYS
- Percentage bequest – make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest – make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest – make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
BENEFITS OF A BEQUEST
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
If you have been so generous as to include a bequest to the “Cancer Support Community East Tennessee” as part of your estate plan, please click here to download our Confidential Statement of Intent and return it to us. We would like to recognize you for your generosity and coordinate with you on the appropriate documentation to ensure that your gift is used in accordance with your wishes when received.