A parent or loved one’s cancer diagnosis has a profound impact on the entire family, including children and teens. Parents have new information to learn, treatment decisions to make and concerns about how to help their children cope. At Cancer Support Community, we offer programming to help the whole family. All programs are FREE.
- Quick & Tasty Cooking: The Homemade Pizza
- Monday February 20, noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Missy Kennedy, Cooking Instructor
- School is out and the kids and grandkids are hungry. Learn how to make different healthy pizza recipes to try at home. This is a family-friendly program.
- RSVP here.
- Teen Night
- Monday February 20, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Kathleen Williams, LCSW
- A monthly networking group for teens ages 13-18 who have a family member with cancer. Teens come together to talk, have fun and find support from peers whose lives have also been impacted by cancer.
- Call Kathleen at (865) 546-4661 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org before your first visit.
- Kid-to-Kid Fun with a Purpose
- 2nd Tuesday of every month from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Fun activities that can help school-age children identify feelings and learn coping skills when cancer is in the family.
- Please call before your first visit and RSVP at (865) 546-4661.
- Short-term Parent, Child and Family Sessions
- Individualized plans for families that explore healthy coping skills when facing cancer.
Please call us at (865) 546-4661 for a phone consultation or individualized appointment to address your questions and concerns about helping your family through the challenges that having cancer presents.